Sunday, June 21, 2009

Invites are finally done!

Lookie lookie what I received today! I finally got my invites and couldn't be happier with the finished product.
I'm officially in full blown wedding mode! I've been so excited to start working on these I've completely under-estimated what a pain in the arse they'd be. I'm sure that me changing my mind every five minutes about design doesn't help either.
In the end I've decided to go with a belly band design with a bow attached. I'm making everything by hand so I figure if one has taken me as long as it has today I'd only have another 30 or so hours to go! Whoo Hooo.

Why did I decide to go the DIY route again? Obviously there is something wrong with me.

Calligraphy


Outside of Pocket fold


Inside of Pocket fold

In the end I love the finished product, and am super proud of myself for completing them myself. All in all the cost was definitely more than I had expected. With printing, calligraphy, pocket folds, gluing, mailing, and the cost of stamps I ended up spending 8+ dollars on each invitation. OUCH. I'm sure if I would have had someone else print and assembly it would have been a little bit more but I'm not sure by much.

So my advice to DIY brides is to keep a careful eye out on how much your spending because it all adds up really freaking fast and sometimes DIY is not always cheaper.

No comments:

Post a Comment