Monday, September 14, 2009

Floral Updates..

Friday night as some of you may recall we had our final meeting with our florist. We had to finalize all the details and I wanted to change the overall look of my floral design {yet again}

I just wasen't 100% sold on my previous floral design because there was just something I didn't love about it. I felt like the flowers used were great but the colors were a bit off. In the end, I decided to go with something a little bit brighter and bit more tropical. I've realized that I've been so focused on keeping the whole "pink on pink" color scheme that things were just looking a bit off. At the end of the day I've realized it's ok to throw some more color in your palette and not have everything be so "matchy matchy" especially for me because my wedding is supposed to be a "tropical" wedding.

When I met with my florist all I said was "give me more color, and work with hydrangeas and orchids because I love them but feel free to throw in all sorts of different flowers".

I couldn't be happier with my new floral design. Please excuse the crappy blackberry pictures.The color is really off as well and I'm not sure why the orchids in these pictures came out purple when really they are a beautiful shade of maroon/fushia.

We're having a centerpiece and two accent pieces on each table. The accent pieces at each table will be different. Some will have orchids, some will have orchids and roses, some with have orchids, roses and yoko ono mums some will have light pink roses some will have darker pink roses. Well you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment