Friday, September 18, 2009

Bridal Beauty...

I'm sure most grooms seem to think that getting ready for their wedding day is as easy as zipping up their pants and tying their tie. Not a lot of thought goes into it I'm sure. Women on the other hand, we take forever getting ready. We sit in a chair getting our hair and make-up down for hours and it doesn't even begin there. Weeks and sometimes months before the wedding we start primping. We start worrying about our hair and how we should maintain it until our wedding day, we worry about going to the gym and doing squats. We take care of our teeth getting them cleaned and whitened. We get weekly manicure and pedicures, we get facials. Oh my god the things we do to look our best is never ending!

Last night was the first time I'm in serious bride mode! I went for my first facial in a loooong time. One of my fellow "Knotties" Michelle referred me to 'Rescue Skin Care' in Miami and I couldn't be happier with the results of my facial. Heather the owner and esthetician spent a good hour and a half meticulously and gently removing every single impurity on my face. It's been the first time I've ever left a facial appointment with skin that looked good automatically without any red spots or new acne. This morning I just couldn't stop starring in the mirror because my skin looks so radiant! {I'm vain, I know.} I also can't believe how smooth my skin feels too.

I wish I would have started taking care of my skin earlier. I do however plan on visiting Heather more often. I could definitely get used to glowy clear skin.

I'm now realizing how much of the wedding business and planning process is done by referrals. While we're on the subject of beauty and referrals can anyone point me in the direction of a good nail polish color to wear on the wedding day? What are you ladies planning on doing with your nails? Clear polish? French tip?

I'm looking for something more on the white side and less on the pink. I usually wear Essie nail polish in 'wicked' and have been known to also wear Essie in 'Marshmallow' when going lighter and on the white side.


Any suggestions? What color do you normally wear?

No comments:

Post a Comment