Thursday, September 10, 2009

So I had to eventually jump back on the wedding planning wagon so here I am again. Today I'm making the final decisions on our favor boxes and tags. Seems simple enough but like all things wedding related.. it's definitely not. At first I just couldn't decide what color to purchase the boxes in, and then I had the dreaded realization that the standard 2x2 cube favor box might be too small for the white chocolate chip coconut key lime cookies I wanted to hand out to my guests. So what do I do? Do I order the boxes in a larger size? {Nope, Can't do that because the next size up is way too big} Do I just forget about the damn cookies and fill the box with something else? {God forbid I gift my guests with the usual Jordan almonds, truffles, or chocolate}
 
In the end in the middle of the night I had an epiphany! I'd still love to fill them with the original key lime cookies, but am going to have a cheap alternative back up instead. I decided that if I get to the keys and purchase the cookies and realize they don't fit I'm just going to head on over to Publix and purchase a few boxes of Entenmann's mini soft baked chocolate chip cookies.
 
To my surprise not only does one Entenmann's cookie fit into the box comfortably, three do! 
 
If you've never had a box of these cookies, I suggest you try some a.s.a.p. They're very soft and yummy.
 
Are chocolate chip cookies a cheap wedding favor? I think it's different. Maybe not as great as having white chocolate chip coconut key lime cookies, but you know what? If they don't' fit they don't fit and I can live with that. 
 
My second epiphany came today when trying to decide on what color the favor boxes should be. I had considered white, pink, and magenta, before realizing that a gold color {like the color I used for my pocket fold's} would look nice as well.  
 
I've been going back and forth with Jessica from Jessica's Design Shop {Yep, that's also where I got my lovely monograms} with the design idea for the favor tag's and stumbled upon this lovely creation from Jessica.
Look familiar? I think so. Her design is almost identical to the designs found on my menu's so naturally I just couldn't resist myself. My tag's are going to be gold and magenta I think and will match my favor box perfectly. I think I'll tie an Ivory colored ribbon around the boxes {Like I did with the pocket fold invitations}
 
I'm breathing in a big sigh of relief because I think it is all finally starting to come together.
 
Amen!

1 comment: