Friday, August 7, 2009

Check! Menu Selections

We finalized the wedding menu last night so I'll be a big AW and share.

Hors D'Oeuvres for Cocktail hour
Imported Cheese Platter with Crostinis
Chicken with Walnuts,Raisins and Grapes with Roasted Pepper Coulis on Baguette
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Sauce Béarnaise
Chicken Satee with Ponzu dipping sauce
Menu Selections
First Course
Shrimp Bisque
With Sweet Vermouth Chantilly Crème
Or
Tomato Salad
Buffalo Mozzarella, Sliced Red Onion, Purple Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Second Course
Herbed Seared Chicken Breast
With a Creamy Leg Meat Risotto, Charred Asparagus and Lemon Thyme Beurre Blanc
Or
Pan Seared Snapper Filet
Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Baby Squash, Teardrop Tomatoes, Lemon Thyme Beurre Blanc
Or
Filet Mignon
Mashed Potatoes, Charred Asparagus, Veal Demi and Sauce Béarnaise
Third Course
Wedding Cake

I'm pretty stoked (not to mention hungry) picking all the menu selections out because I know that anything I pick will be delicious at Pierre's. I won't lie it's a pretty good feeling knowing your venue won't eff' things up.

I'm also pretty happy because it seems like we're doing ok on budget. We really haven't splurged on anything at all and I've been the best bargain hunter ever. So.....this is why I was thinking that it'd would be nice to be able to hire My Treasure Video as our videographers. Originally we didn't plan to have a wedding video but now I think I'm starting to regret it already. Maybe it's because My treasure video does such a great job?

Sigh. Lucas is not going to be happy with me.

In my defense though we are saving money on certain things. For one I'm not getting my stunning but ridiculously over-priced and stale wedding cake and rather opting for a more budget friendly yummy cake from Publix.

We're also saving money on flowers because I'm making my own Bridesmaid bouquets and aisle decor and now we're saving money on centerpieces because we're only going to need four tables and a sweetheart tables instead of six tables and a sweetheart table. Hmmm... I do plan on using a wedding canopy (I still need to convince Lucas) and I do plan on having smaller displays laid out during the cocktail hour.. ok. ok. so maybe with flowers we're breaking even.

I still think I've been doing a pretty good job.

No comments:

Post a Comment