Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Engagement Party

I haven't shared our engagement party photos, so here are some of my favorites. We had our engagement party at our apartment surrounded by our closest family and friends. No mess. No fuss. Plain and simple. Obviously this was way before my “Knot” days when monogrammed napkins, ornate floral arrangements, and engagement party themes just didn’t exist in my mind. Things we much simpler then.

Our engagement party was catered by Costco frozen appetizers, Publix cheese platter, and wine purchased at Costco in bulk. The flowers were bought on a street corner and arranged by me. Our Ipod player was blasting Frank Sinatra and Barry White and no one seemed to care we didn’t have a live band. Our invites were purchased for $15 at Target and printed for $10 at Staples.

I forgot to mop my kitchen floor, order dessert, cut a cake, and play a slideshow of pictures of us throughout the years and you know what? The world did not end.

*Sigh* Those were the days… With our fur baby princess 'James'. She was the life of the party and we couldn't believe how well she behaved. She mingled very politely amongst our guests and disturbed no one. She was very curious as to why all these people were in her house, and yes, it is her house.


Toasting the night away...

No comments:

Post a Comment