Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Last night was my mom's 54th birthday and my family and I celebrated by having dinner at Mr. Chow's. The food was awesome, but that's not what sold me on Mr. Chows. Mr. Chow's is located in the 'W' hotel on Collins and 22nd street in Miami Beach. I can tell you that that hotel/restaurant is every bride's dream. The dinning room is decorated with white exotic flowers and white chivari chairs. Yes yes I said chivari chair and yes it's ok to white the drool off your faces ladies. For those of you who aren't brides and who don't know what Chivari chairs are, consider yourselves lucky. These beautiful little chairs can run you anywhere from $6-15 dollars a pop for rental.

Before I continue to ramble on and on let me first warn you about my passion for white flowers.... I'm absolutely head over heels, excuse me while I wipe the drool off my face, I'm sorry I'm not listening to you nor do I care what I'm eating because I'm admiring the flowers nuts.

Ok now that I've warned you let me say that the flowers at the W and Mr.Chow's were breath taking! You walk in and there are huge arrangements of white cloud like hydrangeas in simple cylinder vases. Yep.. that's right, you can practically see the wheels in my head turning.

Thankfully, I have a small ounce of reasoning within me and I know that even though I love the look (PS- this is not an actual picture of the centerpiece at Mr. Chow's) it would never match my venue. In my opinion these center pieces look better at sleek modern space like the W. These flowers are also a great choice for DIY brides because the look is so easy to accomplish. All you have to do is fill a cylinder vase, wrap a banana leaf around the bottom, insert bundles of hydrangea's and you are done my friend.

At the entrance of the W there is a massive curly willow/white orchid display which was beautiful enough to stop me dead in my tracks.

This hotel is absolutely flawless. They pay so much attention to the tiniest detail making everything absolutely stunning!

I fell in love with an arrangement that has made me re-think my flower color scheme all over again. I originally wanted bright vibrant colors but decided to tone them down a lot because I wanted to use a lot of white flowers and because god forbid they're not the same exact color as the color's I've used on all my wedding paper! After seeing the combination of white flowers, and vibrant colored roses and orchids at the W I'm throwing all the rules out the window. I am determined to have white flowers everyone with a touch of color on the tables to add some pizazz.

This is my new inspiration.Please note how closely it resembles my original floral design.
How sad is it that I spent more time admiring the flowers than actually enjoying my food?

No comments:

Post a Comment