Friday, August 21, 2009

Ceremony Music

Nothing says "Island Wedding" more than the sound of steel drums. This is why we decided to go with David Herzog a local Key West steel drum musician for our ceremony and cocktail hour. Now that we have a musician, I need to start working on the lovely task of choosing our ceremony music. The only problem is, I don't have the slightest clue as to where I should start! Please tell me there is a "Ceremony Guide for Dummies" book.

So here is what I do Know...

I know that I will probably walking down the aisle to the standard 'Wedding March"
I also know that for the recessional I'd like Bob Marley's "Is this love" to be playing.

Here's what I don't know...

What should the wedding party be walking down to?

Now here is the easy part- Choosing songs for our cocktail hour. These are a sample of my "Must Play" list

Can't help Falling in Love
What A Wonderful World
Fly Me to The Moon
One Love
How Deep is Your Love
The Way you look Tonight
Have I told you Lately
Three Little Birds
Red Red Wine
Buffalo Soldier
Brown Eyed Girl
Girl From Ipanema
Yesterday

To hear a sample of David's steel drum wedding songs click here

1 comment: