Saturday, August 1, 2009

Having a flawless face on your wedding day begins months before you say "I do." Taking care of your skin is the easiest way to guarantee your face will be radiant at your wedding or so they say. Everyone knows that the first step to healthy skin is to drink a lot of water. Water Water Water! Yep this even means drinking water when you may not be necessarily thirsty. Water is great for you, it flushes out your body of toxins and is calorie free. What more can a girl ask for? I think if anyone asks me what one of my beauty secrets I live by is I would have to say "drink lots of water". I know this may be a little harder for some so the best way to get into the habit in my opinion is my keep a water jug at your desk. I keep a 1.1 liter water jug at my desk and thanks to this bad boy I am constantly drinking water. On average I probably drink at least four jugs a day. If you do the math that's one gallon of water a day! A bit much but once you get into the habit of it you don't even realize what your doing. It's like you're on autopilot. Thank goodness it's not a martini eh? *wink *wink

The second step to healthy skin is a good skincare regimen. No worry's I'm not here to promote crazy expensive skin creams because I can't afford them and I know most people can't either. So as much as I'd love to spend money on La Mer creams I'd still like to have enough money to eat. I don't' think that a cream has to be necessarily expensive either to get the results you want and because I know there's a lot of girls out there with questions on skin care I'll share my daily regimen.

Please keep in mind however that everyone's skin is different and what may work for me may not necessarily work for you, the best advice I can give you though is find a cream that works for you and just stick to it. I had to learn the hard way because even though I was happy with my moisturizer I switched to another more expensive cream hoping it'd give me some sort of miracle result because hey it costs more. Bad Idea. For two months I was breaking out all over the place. After a week on my old moisturizer my skin is finally clearing up again. Thank god!

Step One- I was my face with Aveeno's Positively Radiant Facial Cleanser.

Step Two- I scrub with St. Ives Apricot Scrub

Step Three- I moisturize with Oil of Olay Active hydrating cream. I can't say enough about this moisturizer. Since I began to use Oil of Olay a year or so ago my skin has gotten a "dewy" quality to it that it never had before. It feels soft, smooth and healthy, best of all no break outs with this cream.

I try to wash my face twice a day and scrub only every other day at most. My nightly regimen is the same as my morning regimen except during the night I won't scrub my face and I use Oil of Olay's night cream instead.

In a few weeks I'll go get a professional facial with extractions done. Be careful if your esthetician usually performs extractions, however, since this can often cause you to break out, which is the last thing you want right before your wedding. Rather, you can go in for extractions a month or two prior to your big day and then return for a follow-up facial without extractions a few days before the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment