Monday, August 24, 2009

Our First Wedding Gift...



We received our very first wedding gift this weekend. Ok first let me explain, my fiancé and I have been living in sin (heee hee hee) for almost three years now and as you can imagine, in three years you accumulate a lot of crap! That being said, because we accumulated so much crap we choose to opt out of the "obligatory" wedding gift registry. On our wedding day we really just wanted our closest family & friends to come out and celebrate our marriage with us. We wanted everyone's "Presence" not "Presents" so you can imagine how astonished we were to receive our first wedding gift!


My soon to be-mother in law surprised me this weekend with a trip to IKEA {God I love that place! Don't even get me started...} and purchased the Mongstad floor length mirror for our dinning/living room I had been eyeing. The mirror is a legendary IKEA bad boy with it's sleek modern design and it's cool $99.00 price tag it practically sells it's self.

We had to take full advantage of the 35 minute drive to IKEA of course so we also picked up two cool floor lamps for the living room and a new duvet cover for our master bedroom and guest bedroom.

I love IKEA...where else can you be tempted to buy children's furniture and decor for a child you don't even have?

Our new lamps in our living room

New Duvet Cover in our Master Bedroom

New Duvet Cover in our Guest Bedroom

No comments:

Post a Comment